What is a Virtual Assistant and How would one Benefit your Business?
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a highly skilled professional entrepreneur that has strong administrative, organizational skills. A Virtual Assistant operates remotely and utilizes today’s technology such as internet, email, voice mail, fax and a variety of online tools to deliver a full range of business support services professionally.
A Virtual Assistant is a small business owner and an independent contractor not an employee and offers their services virtually.
A Virtual Assistant could be many things to suit your business from being a secretary, an executive or personal assistant, a public relations assistant, a project manager, a proof reader, a book keeper or an editor just to name a few. Someone who will get to know your business and begin to anticipate what is required by both yourself and your clients.
As a business owner you are the Director, CEO, Manager, Marketing Co-ordinator, Book Keeper, Public Relations Co-ordinator as well as the everyday worker and or labourer. Doing all this gives you less time to focus on building your business or even spending time with your family.
A Virtual Assistant can be delegated
- Creating standard letters and templates
- Creating marketing material like brochures and monthly newsletters
- Creating manuals
- Creating registers
- Entering transactions into your book keeping program
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Creating or generating Invoices
- Processing client payments
- Preparing standard reports (balance sheet, profit and loss, sales reports, etc)
- Sorting and matching receipts with credit card or bank statements
- Proof reading, writing and editing
- Organising and maintaining client contact list
- Organising and maintaining emails
- Software updates
- Basic website updates
Any task that an in-house assistant can do, except make your morning coffee.
Other benefits to hiring a Virtual Assistant are
- Saving time so you can spend more time with your family
- Saving time so you can focus on growing your business and increasing profits
- Helps you complete your to do list
- Saving money by not paying overheads that come with having an employee, like purchasing office equipment and supplies, paying a wage, payroll tax, superannuation, holidays, sick leave etc.
- No hidden costs
- Reduces your stress
- Eliminates administrative hassles
- A Virtual Assistant’s fee becomes tax deductible as a business expense.
Are packages charged by the hour?
No. I created packages for so many reasons. There are painful stories where a clients hours were up and the work stopped leaving the client high and dry or having them to pay for more hours to complete the task or being overcharged for a task. Tracking time is not beneficial as this process takes time and it is better spent helping clients with my expertise rather than by the hour. Packages work better for the client because you can budget without having to worry about what tasks are being done, how long it takes or how many hours have been used etc.
What are the business hours?
Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm or other times negotiable
Are the services listed the only ones Handford Virtual Services provide?
No, with over 20 years experience it is impossible to list everything. We are happy to discuss your business needs.
Why do I need to sign an agreement?
This is so we both have an understanding on the services being offered in your package.
Can I break an agreement?
Agreements are on a month by month basis. If services are no longer required an email cancelling services with one weeks notice is required. There is no cancellation fee.
Will Handford Virtual Services sign a confidentiality agreement?
Yes of course.